Friday, April 24, 2009

Grease Bomb!

I can't really believe that I'm posting this recipe. It's pretty embarrassing. It's not even really a recipe, but a sandwich invention that I first starting having at Jack in the Box.

I know, I know. Terrible. I used to eat there all too frequently, and invented this sandwich after I became a vegetarian and my options were limited. It was usually difficult to order something that wasn't on the menu, and after getting a lot of blank stares I decided to make it myself at home.

Like all of the sandwich recipes I post, this one can be modified in endless ways. I bet some ham would be really tasty, too.

The sandwich is simple: a croissant, with a fried egg (or scrambled is tasty, too), a hashbrown, and some cheese. Now, when I make them, I purposefully go as low-brow as possible. It is the only time *ever* that I will buy those disgusting Kraft singles cheese products. But it melts so well! And it just seems to work together. Of course, you could class up the grease bomb by adding some fancy cheese. Havarti would be *amazing*.

And grease bomb is the official name of the sandwich, by the way. Once you try it, you will know why.





2 comments:

Morgan Picton said...

Serves me right for reading your blog while Very Hungry. Now I want to eat the world (at least, those parts of the world made of eggs and croissants)

Spencer said...

These things are so tasty! As long as consumption is followed by an epic bike ride, it's like nothing ever happened.